30.3.08

Cyprus - two...

05/03/2007

There is always a possibility…

When I was walking in Ledra Street in Nicosia, I was feeling very sad. It was quite the same sadness I had when I was in some villages of Kosovo or visiting Auschwitz Camp. I was feeling very depressed, when I read the huge writing on the wall between two sides saying “Nothing is achieved without blood” on the wall in the Greek side. I still want to believe that humans can achieve peace and prosperity in their own countries without any bloody wars, fights or conflicts.

I just heard that the wall in the Greek part of Ledra Street is going to be destroyed… Happiness! Just a first step…

I was showing the banners in Turkish area stating “Let’s get rid of the last divided city in the world in peace” to my international friends, when I was in Ledra Street. Hopefully it will just be written in history books from now on.

Turkish side had demolished the barrier on the other side in December 2005. Now hopefully Greek side is also getting rid of the wall on the other side of the tampon area.

There is always a possibility for change… A change for peace…?
~~~~~~
Living a life of my own...
...

No comments:

Friedrich Nietzsche says...

"You have your way... I have my way... As for the right way, the correct way, it doesn't exist..."

-- Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche (philosopher and classical philologist) [1844-1900] .

Popular Posts

Paul Valéry says...

"That which has been believed by everyone, always and everywhere, has every chance of being false. / Herkes tarafından doğru kabul edilen şeyler büyük olasılıkla yanlıştır."

-- Paul Valéry (poet, essayist, and philosopher) [1871-1945]

Frantz Fanon says...

"In the world through which I travel, I am endlessly creating myself."

-- Frantz Fanon (psychiatrist, philosopher, revolutionary and author) [1925-1961].

Alain says...

"Nothing is more dangerous than an idea, when a man has only one idea." /\

"One of the hardest things in the world is saying the thing said everyone says with a thinking. /Dünyanın en zor şeylerinden biri, herkesin düşünmeden söylediğini, düşünerek söylemektir."

Alain, (poet and philosopher) [1868 - 1951].

LAST.FM LIST