3.7.06

Remembering Jim Morrison / Jim Morrison'ı hatırlamak...

James Douglas "Jim" Morrison, (December 8, 1943 – July 3, 1971)


I remember the first time I listened him singing. I remember his exceptional voice, full of emotions and intensity. I remember the high sense of blowing out. I remember his incomparable lust for violence, sex, alcohol, drugs, self-destruction, anything forbidden for any reason by the conservative society.

He came up with courage to outscore the authority of conservative middle class America and succeed. Millions of fans around the world are the witness of his success. He followed the motto "The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom –William Blake" and succeed in all means.

I still remember the gorgeous day that I visited his grave in Pére Lachaise cemetary in Paris. I sang the famous “Light my fire” and “people are strange” with fans from Brazil, Sweden, USA, and Poland. I even remained my sign there with quote from "people are strange".

I still believe that "If the doors of perception were cleansed / All things would appear infinite", dear Lizard King…

"This is the end, beautiful friend.
It hurts to set you free,
But you'll never follow me.
The end of laughter and soft lies.
The end of nights we tried to die.
This is the... end."

Now I am also 28... It is time to go? I am nobody still...


~~~t~H~e~K~h~A~n~2~3~~~

1 comment:

Agnieszka Tatera said...

Jim... I also love his songs, lyrics, voice, emotions...

Nobody... Serhan, dear, you are Human, you have family and friends, you have thoughts and feelings, you have life to live...

Hope to see you online soon!

Friedrich Nietzsche says...

"You have your way... I have my way... As for the right way, the correct way, it doesn't exist..."

-- Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche (philosopher and classical philologist) [1844-1900] .

Popular Posts

Paul Valéry says...

"That which has been believed by everyone, always and everywhere, has every chance of being false. / Herkes tarafından doğru kabul edilen şeyler büyük olasılıkla yanlıştır."

-- Paul Valéry (poet, essayist, and philosopher) [1871-1945]

Frantz Fanon says...

"In the world through which I travel, I am endlessly creating myself."

-- Frantz Fanon (psychiatrist, philosopher, revolutionary and author) [1925-1961].

Alain says...

"Nothing is more dangerous than an idea, when a man has only one idea." /\

"One of the hardest things in the world is saying the thing said everyone says with a thinking. /Dünyanın en zor şeylerinden biri, herkesin düşünmeden söylediğini, düşünerek söylemektir."

Alain, (poet and philosopher) [1868 - 1951].

LAST.FM LIST