22.10.08

Menstruation vs. Circumcision

Menstruation has become the main debate topic of many female writers recently... It all started with a psychologist woman that gave a quite big celebration party for her daughter’s first menstruation... This is a case which is not needed normally… But it is needed here…

Some called her she was a crème-le-crème woman… In fact she was a normal citizen, not very elegant at all. May be we can name her as an activist… She emphasised on the practise of the oppression on young woman by the menstruation and it worked quite well. This was an insult for the patriarchal society that is developed with/by/on men.

As we know in the very same country of Turkey; the circumcision is considered to be “the first main step to the manhood” and people make a huge festival out of it. It is also quite questionable step to the manhood! I did not call myself as a man after my circumcision for sure… I did not become a man with my circumcision, neither any girl by menstruation...

As a matter of fact good things can also happen in this country! I am very sure indeed… I still have the hope… That helps me to survive here…

That party is good as a first step, but not enough... I hope it can help the women of this country. There is the need indeed… The need for the women’s freedom… It will lead to the freedom of the men…

When we do not make huge ceremonies for any of those situations that leads to oppress... Everything will be better...

We will become just humans again...

I still have a hope about this crazy world...

22/10/2008
~~~~~~
Living a life of my own...
...
*^"#+&*

No comments:

Friedrich Nietzsche says...

"You have your way... I have my way... As for the right way, the correct way, it doesn't exist..."

-- Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche (philosopher and classical philologist) [1844-1900] .

Popular Posts

Paul Valéry says...

"That which has been believed by everyone, always and everywhere, has every chance of being false. / Herkes tarafından doğru kabul edilen şeyler büyük olasılıkla yanlıştır."

-- Paul Valéry (poet, essayist, and philosopher) [1871-1945]

Frantz Fanon says...

"In the world through which I travel, I am endlessly creating myself."

-- Frantz Fanon (psychiatrist, philosopher, revolutionary and author) [1925-1961].

Alain says...

"Nothing is more dangerous than an idea, when a man has only one idea." /\

"One of the hardest things in the world is saying the thing said everyone says with a thinking. /Dünyanın en zor şeylerinden biri, herkesin düşünmeden söylediğini, düşünerek söylemektir."

Alain, (poet and philosopher) [1868 - 1951].

LAST.FM LIST