9.2.06

Cartoons

I believe the key word is "respect"; "tolerance" comes after. I think every one in the world should find a way to respect any other thought and tolerate it. We must not fear from the other.

When I heard about the famous "cartoons", my first thought was about the respect that is why. There are certain values which should be taken into account before taking any action on them. In this case and in the following actions by other newspapers from different countries, we see an example of provocation instead of respect. The worst part is that they had already knew that they would provoke all of Muslims (I am not saying just the fundamentalist Muslims!) of the world. This is very contradictory with the aim of the newspaper, which they are saying now. Even the freedom of expression -the fundamental of the thought in "Europe"- does not support an act like this.

When I look at the result of the cartoons, I fear about the future. Because this cartoons ratifies the fundamentalist and fascist groups on the world. There was no need for an act like that. Instead the world needs understanding and peace much more than any time of humanity... Stop the war against any thoughts and beliefs!

I am not going to defend the right to offend anyhow!
<<<<<<>>>>>>
Turkey is in Europe for centuries, I do not want to give a history lecture though.
~~~t~H~e~K~h~A~n~2~3~~~

No comments:

Friedrich Nietzsche says...

"You have your way... I have my way... As for the right way, the correct way, it doesn't exist..."

-- Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche (philosopher and classical philologist) [1844-1900] .

Popular Posts

Paul Valéry says...

"That which has been believed by everyone, always and everywhere, has every chance of being false. / Herkes tarafından doğru kabul edilen şeyler büyük olasılıkla yanlıştır."

-- Paul Valéry (poet, essayist, and philosopher) [1871-1945]

Frantz Fanon says...

"In the world through which I travel, I am endlessly creating myself."

-- Frantz Fanon (psychiatrist, philosopher, revolutionary and author) [1925-1961].

Alain says...

"Nothing is more dangerous than an idea, when a man has only one idea." /\

"One of the hardest things in the world is saying the thing said everyone says with a thinking. /Dünyanın en zor şeylerinden biri, herkesin düşünmeden söylediğini, düşünerek söylemektir."

Alain, (poet and philosopher) [1868 - 1951].

LAST.FM LIST